Monday, September 19, 2011

Blessed in Blessing

Greetings and salutations to you!
It's been a busy weekend and I sort of feel like I need another weekend to recover from this one.
Husband and I have been volunteering at a food kitchen where they prepare and serve food to homeless and volunteers who are helping out with fire related tasks.
Why is it when you help someone, when you do something for someone else through the love of Jesus do you turn out feeling like you were the one who received something?

It's been such a blessing! I am amazed how people band together to help in a time of great need like this. It's unfathomable the amount of donations that have been received and from what great distances they arrived. Suddenly it doesn't matter what race you are, what "social status" you hold, what your denomination or lack of denomination is. Everyone is here to help and to bless and one thing is for sure I've been blessed.

I took a few pictures of the fire destroyed homes but they're still on my camera and I don't feel like getting them so I'll leave you with some more wedding pictures.


















I'm looking toward a busy next few weeks. I want to try and work extra this week in preparation for our upcoming company inventory. Then of course the following week is inventory. Oh the joy!
Yesterday we also found out that husband's brother from California moved his wedding date from February 2012 to November of this year. AAhh!! Talk about a curve ball. We weren't really expecting to take another trip to Cali this year but I guess we'll see what God has in store.

I've decided to go on a diet. (a diet of my own invention aka eating less) Yes, I know.... cheer me on please. I have a serious issues with diets. The issue is I can never keep them. Regular exercise is what I really need. Oh whatever happened to the days when I used to workout everyday. I wouldn't mind having that motivation again. Right now my workouts are so sporadic. It's cooled down a teeny bit and I find it quite pleasant to go for a walk or ride my bike if I go early enough or late enough when it's not in the hottest part of the day. Words of wisdom and encouragement welcome.

Later honey childs!


No comments:

Post a Comment