Sunday, April 10, 2011

Island In The Sun

There's just something about the beach.



The sand, the salty water, the wind in your hair.
It just makes you feel fine and that's all there is to it.


This mini vacation marks one month of married bliss.

We went splashing in the waves, tasted the salt on our lips, relaxed on the beach in the sun.


Ok, I'll admit it. We got a teeny tiny little sunburned.



We had a lovely hotel right by the water overlooking the marina.
With a huge-mongus king size bed.
This is the view from our balcony.


For dinner we ate at a cute place called Pier 99.
Ok, so really I'm not a fan of seafood but their fish was amazing.



We explored a local souvenir shop and found some cute little things.
Hey look! A tiny starfish! I really wanted it but I'm not sure what I would have done with it.




This morning we took a most interesting and lovely walk through the Marina.



So many cool sail boats and these super awesome luxurious fishing boats.



Sandcastles!!



On the way back we drove along the beach and then brought the ferry back across from the island.

So now we're back in the city at our home sweet home.
Excited to get together with our fellowship tonight.

Tomorrow I get to trip some more.
I'm off with husband to Laredo for the day.
It's work related and we have to leave at like 2am.
Don't worry I'll be trying to get to bed early.

Nighty night!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

1 comment:

  1. Interesting times in Corpus Christi! I will be headed there in the morning and will see some of the same things you saw, but I will be working. Yes, I get to drive Ocean Drive about every time.

    ReplyDelete