Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Time Flies

I just can't get over how fast time goes. It needs no permission, it asks not if we approve. It just flies. Set in motion by a power so much higher than that of our most genius human power.
Husband and I have been talking about it quite a bit recently.
One minute flows into an hour, an hour into a day and before you know it the day, week, month is over.

When I reflect on time and our inability to stop or slow it but rather to simply ride the waves of its ever coursing, churning waters I can't help but think of what I have done, what I'm doing.
Is it only affecting the here and now or am I helping to build something eternal like the kingdom of God?
It helps to be reminded sometimes of the frailty of our earthly lives and how only those things pursued in the spiritual realm will persist long after our spent, wrinkled bodies are laid to rest beneath this cold surface we call earth.
So much for that.

Across the street there's an antique shop. It's huge!
3 stories to be exact.
Today on my walk around town I decided to stop and see what I can see for the sake of seeing.
Flower pillows.



Vintage Cameras



Cute little bird.


A cool vintage dress that would totally be in style right now. I like!




A lovely dresser top wire dress form.


An old type writer.
What if I wrote my blog with a type writer? That would be a change. Right now I do everything with my thumbs.



Here's a book we have been reading lately.
"Through Painted Desserts" by Don Miller.
It's pretty funny. At least parts of it.


If you've never heard of Don Miller let me just suggest that you're missing out.
My favorite book of his is probably "Blue Like Jazz".
Go get it and read it ok!?


Also there are "A Million Miles In A Thousand Years"


And,
"Searching For God Knows What".


That was a free advertisment for Don. He should totally pay me.
Just kidding!

Bye guys!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

1 comment: