Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Sweet Summertime

Summer time in Montana is what summer is all about.
Just pure loveliness.


I've visited Montana many times but this was officially my first visit where I didn't feel like I was in a giant deep freeze.

Our weekend went by all together too quickly.
The hardest part was saying goodbye to little Edward.
He did exactly as I expected by further stealing our hearts.
It's just that they grow up so fast and I hate missing out on it. Bah-humbug!




He's a barrel of fun and super expressive. I just have to laugh at all the cute faces he makes.


Saturday we spent most of the day at the local fair & rodeo.
It was such a fantastically beautiful day.
Sunny with blue skies and not a cloud in site.
On our way to the fair husband loaned Eddie his sunglasses.




We were more amused than he was.
At the fair they had a kids pet show.
So funny and cute.




This little gal entertained everyone by pushing and pulling her little stubborn goat around the arena.




Great spectators event indeed!
It was so special to spend the day with family.




The most entertaining part of the day was the muddy hog wrestling contest.
My brother's team.




My sister in law's team waiting to start.


This big piggy got stuffed in the barrel but not by them. :(


Each team had 4 people and the goal was to get their muddy, slimy pig into a 50 gallon barrel before one minute was up.
It was super tough with big heavy pigs and a nothing short of the most slippery, gooey mud you'll ever see.
Sorry for the lack of good pictures.

After the pig wrestling we headed over to catch some good 'ole small town rodeo.
It was husbands first time at a "real" rodeo.
He says all the rodeos in California are gay.
Imagine that!








Isn't that evening sky lovely?




Here are a few more random pictures from our trip.




Kettle corn!


My uncle making mini donuts to sell at their booth. Yummy!


I have some pictures from the fair I can't wait to share with you but they will have to wait until tomorrow.
I'm too tired from the 30 plus hours of being on the road.

Ciao lovlies!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.3

No comments:

Post a Comment