Saturday, October 1, 2011

Ocean In My Shoes

That line comes from an episode of Monk that husband and I watched like a week ago. Monk got all freaked out because he was getting ocean water in his shoes. Monk always cracks me up but then what really gets me is when my husband starts imitating him. Yesterday as we were walking out into the waves husband starts dancing around yelling "ocean in my pants, ocean in my pants!!". So hilarious. I know he does it just to make me laugh. 

Today exactly one year ago husband and I got engaged in Dallas. Husband planned the most romantic day. In the evening he took me on this gondola ride with wine, chocolate and roses. Half way through the ride we came past this bottle floating in the water. I pulled it out and inside was a note that said, "Will you marry me?". Of course I said yes!! Best decision EVER!
This weekend we had an awesome chance to spend some time celebrating at South Padre Island.  
Husband and I like to squeeze in mini vacations as often as possible. Mini vacations are good because they keep you refreshed and they help you to take time to enjoy life. Come to think of it. We do this a lot. Ha ha!

Pictures!! 




Texas shaped waffles for breakfast :)
Early morning on the beach


All the little kids came by to look at the sand castle. They were all in awe at husband's amazing skills. 


Fried Calamari for appetizer. (that's squid in case you didn't know....like me)

At Pier 19 they had a old car show. Gotta love some of those classics.
Ok...sure, thanks!

Miniature version.




 My favorite! I would totally drive this.

Time to get back to the real world. Tootles!

No comments:

Post a Comment