Monday, June 24, 2013

Favorite Products For Summer

Hello all! Hope you had a great weekend. I for one vote that it went by entirely too fast but what does that change? 

For a blog post today I decided to talk about some of my favorite products for summer. I'm a bit of a product junkie and to be honest I think the husband is as well. We have a fairly large "medicine" cabinet that is stuffed full of lotions, potions and products and almost everything except medicine. :P At least I'm not alone in this right? lol! If this kind of post doesn't interest you that's just fine you can simply close this and be done with it. I on the other hand love being nosy and seeing what other people love and use and possibly learn about something new. So....let's just get into it shall we? 
First off  I want to talk about these products gifted to me by a dear friend. (Thank you!) I think I had these up in a previous blog post. Anyway...it's amazing! I keep the Body Scrub in my shower all the time and use it frequently. It has sea salt in it and works so great for sloughing off dry skin and rough patches. Top it off with the lotion and your skin will be super soft. Links are below the pictures for all the products.
Scrub  Lotion
Let's talk sun. Whenever I get a chance to be in the sun and do a little sunbathing I will jump at the chance. I don't get the chance nearly as often as I would like these days but when I do I will undoubtedly reach for this. "Banana Boat Deep Tanning Oil".This one has an SPF 4 but I think you can get different strengths according to your skin needs. This stuff smells so amazing. Mmm! It takes me to a happy place. Just saying.  
tanning oil
 This is an obvious and simple one but don't forget the lips. I try never to leave the house without one of these or something similar within reach. Make sure it has SPF as well.
lip care
 If you do manage to get a little sun this little miracle bottle helps to accentuate the fact and give your skin a bit of a luster.  "Luminous Body Bronzer" by Victorias Secret. This scent is called warm and cozy but they have lots of different ones to choose from. 
bronzer

Next up: "VS Pro Lip Scrub and Balm". I just really like this. The bottom contains a lip scrub and the top holds the balm. The balm feels especially nice and makes your lips feel cool and tingly. 
balm/scrub

 If you follow me on Instagram you already heard me gush about this stuff. "H2O+ Face Oasis Shine Neutralizing Gel". If you're like me the hot summer sun can tend to make the oils come out on your skin. This is the perfect oil free moisturizer. The smell is again so wonderful (very spa-esque) and it leaves your skin feeling cool and tingly. (apparently I like that feeling) lol! The only down side to this is that it doesn't contain any SPF.
 This product was also introduced to me by a friend. "Palladio Rice Paper Blotting tissues". Another great solution for oil/shine during the hot summer months. These contain rice powder so it gives your skin a nice finish an combats further oil production. :P 
blotting tissues
Lastly, this spray that the husband purchased called "Not Your Mother's - Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray". I kind of borrowed/used some of it. So, you guys know that smell and texture your hair has after a day at the beach? Well, basically this just recreates it. I am so in love with the smell of this that I've been guilty of using it for that purpose alone. 
texturizing spray
So that's it for now! Feel free to comment and let me know what your favorite products are and have a great day!

1 comment: